Today is Wednesday, February 23, 2022. Waking up to move my body.
A quote by Pema Chodron, “You are the sky. Everything else is just the weather.”
Photo from Zion Park in Utah, shared by Susan Chubinskaya, PhD
February is the month dedicated to Love. Love is not only a feeling it is a verb, an action. This week, reflect on how people communicate love and caring. How do you know when someone feels loved and cared for?
- They make eye contact and smile?
- They express gratitude and appreciation?
- They reciprocate an act of love and caring?
- They make more time to be together?
- They are calmer and more satisfied?
- They are more centered and resilient?
- They are more open and share more?
- They thrive?
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind whenever you need it – while waiting, before, after, or in between activities:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- With each breath, inhale positive energy and feel the abundance.
- Focus on the warmth your body’s core is generating as you exhale and add to the universe of positive energy.
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I can do this. As I connect to my vision, courage, strength, and wisdom, I am open to the Love and positive energy around me. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP