Today is Monday, January 10, 2022. A new week to learn from others.
A quote by Andrew Weil, “Genuine happiness comes from within, and often it comes in spontaneous feelings of joy.”
Photo in Paris, by Susan Chubinskaya, PhD
With the launch of the New Year, for the month of January, we focus on clarifying and connecting with our vision for 2022.
A vision that shows you the future you want, can recharge your hope and excitement when you tap into it. It can provide you with encouragement to achieve goals, offer something to cling to when you experience fear, and provide a sense of pride when you see your vision manifest. This month, we enhance our vision for our personal life and our relationships.
Let’s spend this week reflecting on our vision of health for 2022. Ask yourself:
- What does “health” and “being healthy” mean to me?
- What are potential barriers to my best health, that I can influence?
- What do I do that promotes my health and well-being?
- What makes it easier for me to take care of my health and well-being?
- Who positively influences my health and well-being?
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Massage your left hand starting with your palms, then work your way to the ends of each finger.
- Massage your right hand the same way.
- Clasp your hands together, then release and shake out your hands and let your hands be loose.
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I can do this. As I connect to my vision, courage, strength, and wisdom, I am open to the positive energy around me. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP