Today is Monday, January 3, 2022. For many, today is the first work day of the new year, feeling energized for the opportunities ahead.
A quote by Munia Khan: “New Years is the glittering light to brighten the dream-lined pathway of future.”
Photo by: yanikap
As we start the New Year, let’s reflect on our individual visions for 2022.
A vision that shows you the future you want, can recharge your hope and excitement when you tap into it. It can provide you with encouragement to achieve goals, offer something to cling to when you experience fear, and provide a sense of pride when you see your vision manifest. Let’s take some time this month to explore our vision for our personal life and our relationships.
Let’s begin this first week reflecting on your vision for 2022. Consider the following journal prompts.
- What am I inspired to do?
- What would I want to do more than anything else even if I was never paid for it?
- What do I love so much that I could forget to eat or sleep?
- What is the idea that never leaves me?
- What does my desired future look like, feel like?
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- As you continue to breathe picture your vision.
- Smile to yourself.
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I can do this. As I connect to my vision, courage, strength, and wisdom, I am open to the positive energy around me. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP