Today is Friday, November 26, 2021. Reflecting on special moments and their significance.
A quote from John F. Kennedy. “As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words but to live by them.”
Photos by: Fran Lee
This November, it’s about novelty for personal growth and confidence, for opportunities to interact with new people, and for play.
Create a time capsule to capture special moments in your life. In a special box or even a shoe box, place mementos that represent significant points in your life. Place the box in an out-of-the-way place for you to enjoy in the future.
- Favorite music
- Newspaper article
- Favorite book
- Favorite outfit
- Sports equipment from enjoyed activities
- Special award or recognition
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- As you continue your belly breaths focus on the inhale.
- Next as you exhale try to extend your exhale for an extra second or two
- Smile in appreciation for this moment of recharge.
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I can do this. As I connect to my courage, strength, and wisdom, I am open to the positive energy around me. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP