Today is Wednesday, November 24, 2021. Appreciating the simple gifts of nature all around us.
A quote from Elie Wiesel. “For me, every hour is grace. And I feel gratitude in my heart each time I can meet someone and look at his or her smile.”
Photos by: Paul Voltz
This November, it’s about novelty for personal growth and confidence, for opportunities to interact with new people, and for play.
Explore Community Service opportunities:
- Donate to or volunteer at your local food pantry.
- Help a neighbor with fall clean up.
- Pick up litter or trash that is not yours.
- Prepare a meal for a family in need.
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- As you continue your belly breaths focus on the inhale.
- Next as you exhale try to extend your exhale for an extra second or two
- Smile in appreciation for this moment of recharge.
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I can do this. As I connect to my courage, strength, and wisdom, I am open to the positive energy around me. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP