Today is Monday, November 22, 2021. Appreciating the quiet moments during the day to recharge.
A quote from Eckhart Tolle. “In today’s rush we all think too much, seek too much, want too much and forget about the joy of just Being.”
Photos by: Debbie Voltz
This November, it’s about novelty for personal growth and confidence, for opportunities to interact with new people, and for play.
Have a go at creative writing. Some possible topics to consider:
- What your pet is thinking?
- Describe your “Happy Place”
- Best meal ever and why.
- Let me introduce myself…
- Ten years from now I will be…..
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- As you continue your belly breaths focus on the inhale.
- Next as you exhale try to extend your exhale for an extra second or two.
- Smile in appreciation for this moment of recharge.
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I can do this. As I connect to my courage, strength, and wisdom, I am open to the positive energy around me. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP