Today is Friday, November 19, 2021. Just being. Seeing the world changing daily.
A quote from Agnetha Faltskog, “My path has not been determined. I shall have more experiences and pass many more milestones.”
Photos by: Susan Chubinskaya
This November, it’s about novelty for personal growth and confidence, for opportunities to interact with new people, and for play.
Explore new ways to laugh and play.
- Read a favorite comic series.
- Gift & play funny board games.
- Plan an outing at a comedy club.
- Watch a hilarious movie with a friend.
- Hang out with people who know how to laugh and play.
- Spend time with a pet.
- Start collecting funny stories, quotes, pictures that you can return to in the future.
- Watch a baby or toddler who is laughing hysterically.
- Look for funny photos.
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Lengthen your neck and spine as you notice what part of your body is connecting you to the surface you are on, whether you are seated, laying down or standing.
- Allow yourself to shift into a position that aligns your neck and spine in a neutral posture, releasing tension as you are fully supported.
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I can do this. As I connect to my courage, strength, and wisdom, I am open to the positive energy around me. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP