Today is Monday, November 15, 2021. The chill in the air outside highlights the warmth inside.
A quote from Wangechi Mutu, “I believe art is a connection, like passing on a flame.”
Photo by: Nicole Siparsky, MD
This November, it’s about novelty for personal growth and confidence, for opportunities to interact with new people, and for play.
Explore art that is new to you.
- Check out live, recorded and/or virtual theatre or concert performances. Check out the local schools, colleges, and universities to see the local talent.
- Tour a museum in person or virtually. Guided tours or joining a tour group can expand your understanding of what you see.
- Stroll through an art show, exhibit or fair. Let the artist share their story with you.
- Take a pottery class and learn to throw clay on a wheel.
- Explore dance. Take a class, watch a show, learn the corresponding music.
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Lengthen your neck and spine as you notice what part of your body is connecting you to the surface you are on, whether you are seated, laying down or standing.
- Allow yourself to shift into a position that aligns your neck and spine in a neutral posture, releasing tension as you are fully supported.
*Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I can do this. As I connect to my courage, strength, and wisdom, I am open to the positive energy around me. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP