Today is Friday, November 12, 2021. Unwinding while humming and organizing my bag.
A quote from Yakov Smirnoff, “Everybody laughs the same in every language because laughter is a universal connection.”
Photo by: Nicole Siparsky, MD
This November, it’s about novelty for personal growth and confidence, for opportunities to interact with new people, and for play.
Consider trying something new to increase connection with another.
- Update your greeting or salutation in your emails to include something personal, a fun quote, some warmth or cheer.
- Send a quick message to someone letting them know you are thinking of them.
- Coordinate a gathering, in person or virtually, for people you work with or have class with, but may not see outside of work or school.
- Invite someone for an outing – schedule nature time, go to a show, share a meal, sip tea or coffee.
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Practice gently releasing the muscle tension in your neck.
- Gently roll your neck side to side, slowly. Repeat 3 times, each direction.
- Gently and slowly tilt your chin down and release your shoulders. Take 3 deep, slow breaths. Bring your chin to neutral.
- Roll your shoulders forwards and then backwards. Smile as you allow renewed energy.
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am open to the positive energy around me. As I connect to my courage, strength, and wisdom, I am open to new ideas and change. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP