Today is Wednesday, November 17, 2021. Determined to allow and appreciate the unknowns.
A quote from Theodore Roethke, “Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley.”
Photos by: Dr. Susan Chubinskaya
This November, it’s about novelty for personal growth and confidence, for opportunities to interact with new people, and for play.
Trying something new.
- Playing a new card game.
- Rearranging the desktop.
- Creating a new vegetable recipe.
- Growing a new plant.
- Joining a new group.
- Volunteering in a new way.
- Trying some new stretches.
- Testing a new perfume or cologne.
- Listening to a new musical artist.
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Lengthen your neck and spine as you notice what part of your body is connecting you to the surface you are on, whether you are seated, laying down or standing.
- Allow yourself to shift into a position that aligns your neck and spine in a neutral posture, releasing tension as you are fully supported.
*Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I can do this. As I connect to my courage, strength, and wisdom, I am open to the positive energy around me. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP