Today is Wednesday, November 3, 2021. Enjoying beauty in unexpected places.
A quote from Roger von Oech, “Everyone has a risk muscle. You keep it in shape by trying new things. If you don’t, it atrophies. Make a point of using it at least once a day.”
Photo by: Fran Lee
This November, we focus on exploring Novel activities. Experiencing novel activities fosters personal growth and confidence. It can provide opportunities to interact with new people, and a time to get to know ourselves better.
Trying new workouts can invigorate your routine to continue to reach your fitness goals. These can be modified for your current abilities. Connect with a workout buddy.
- Cardio drumming
- Yoga or Pilates
- Rock climbing
- Seated exercises
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- After taking 3 belly breaths reposition your body.
- Now shake your entire body and say to yourself, “I am letting go of…”
- Picture the thoughts falling off while shaking your body.
- Take 3 more belly breaths and smile to yourself for your courage to let go.
*Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am open to the positive energy around me. As I connect to my courage, strength, and wisdom, I am open to new ideas and change. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP