Today is Friday, November 5, 2021. Silence in the morning, ready for the sounds of the day.
A quote from Arthur Wing Pinero, “Where there’s tea there’s hope.”
Photo by: Nicole Siparsky, MD
This November, we focus on exploring Novel activities. Experiencing novel activities fosters personal growth and confidence. It can provide opportunities to interact with new people, and a time to get to know ourselves better.
Enjoy tea, made in a new way:
- Trade favorite teas with a friend or neighbor.
- Cold brew tea: Fill a pitcher of fresh water and add tea bags or loose tea and set it aside for up to 12 hours in the fridge. When ready to drink it, dilute it to the flavor level desired. Good hot or cold.
- Milk tea: add any kind of milk with tea.
- Chai tea latte: combine some or all of these spices to make a chai mix: cardamom and cinnamon +/- cloves/nutmeg. Steep with your favorite black tea. Heat any kind of milk and froth with a whisk, blender or frother (dairy, oat milk, coconut milk and soy milk froth the best).
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- After taking 3 belly breaths reposition your body.
- Now shake your entire body and say to yourself, “I am letting go of…”
- Picture the thoughts falling off while shaking your body.
- Take 3 more belly breaths and smile to yourself for your courage to let go.
*Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am open to the positive energy around me. As I connect to my courage, strength, and wisdom, I am open to new ideas and change. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP