Today is Wednesday, September 29, 2021. Reflecting on the past and all the successful transitions we have completed.
A quote from Alan Watts “The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, and join the dance.”
Photo by: Dave Hoefler
For many, September highlights the transitions of seasons and focus. Transitions offer opportunities for growth and learning. Focusing on the positive outcomes resulting from change may help smooth the transition.
Consider these journaling prompts to assist in adjusting to transition.
- List 3 positive outcomes that may result from this change
- I welcome this change because…
- What about (this change) is important to me?
*Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am open to the positive energy around me. As I connect to my courage, strength, and wisdom, I am open to new ideas and change. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- As you remain anchored to your breath, use your senses for a gratitude practice
- Bring your mind to a sight you are grateful for.
- Next, bring your mind to a scent you appreciate.
- Now, think about sounds.
- Move on to textures that soothe you.
- Continue to stay anchored to your breath and smile with gratitude.
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP