Today is Monday, October 18, 2021. Feeling the warmth of the fall color palette.
A quote from Jimmy Dean. “I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.”
Photo by: Meric Dagli
This October, the focus is on the integration of life experiences, staying equally connected to optimism, as to any other belief or attitude.
Optimism can be defined as cheerfulness or hopefulness about the future. Allowing time for optimism creates balance.
Spending time helping others can create warm feelings.
- Get involved in a community project.
- Visit a homebound neighbor.
- Volunteer at an animal rescue.
- Rake a neighbors fall leaves
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Look up to the sky.
- Let your mind relax into the awareness of the infinite open space.
- If you wish, release your worries into the vast openness of the universe.
*Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am open to the positive energy around me. As I connect to my courage, strength, and wisdom, I am open to new ideas and change. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP