Today is Monday, September 27, 2021. Appreciating learning opportunities all around me.
A quote from Lin Pernille “Never stop learning, because life never stops teaching.”
Photo by: Arthur Hickinbotham
For many, September highlights the transitions of seasons and focus. Transitions are opportunities to uncover the undiscovered world. Consider the below strategies to enhance learning.
- Do a “brain dump”, write down all your ideas or possible answers to a question.
- Have a discussion with someone you know who has a differing opinion than you.
- Get adequate sleep and stay well hydrated.
- Arrange to teach someone else what you are trying to learn.
*Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am open to the positive energy around me. As I connect to my courage, strength, and wisdom, I am open to new ideas and change. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- As you remain anchored to your breath, use your senses for a gratitude practice
- Bring your mind to a sight you are grateful for.
- Next, bring your mind to a scent you appreciate.
- Now, think about sounds.
- Move on to textures that soothe you.
- Continue to stay anchored to your breath and smile with gratitude.
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP