Today is Wednesday, September 15, 2021. Watching the birds fly, wondering where they are going?
A quote from Arthur Aufderheide, “All knowledge is connected to all other knowledge. The fun is in making the connections.”
Photo by: Jeremy Bezanger
For many, September highlights the transitions of seasons and focus.
So, let’s be curious about being curious. When we approach transitions with curiosity, we have more options to find strength and joy. Curiosity provides us a chance to grow and learn. We can use a curiosity journal to explore new ideas. Use the prompts in your curiosity journal.
- I wish I knew more about…
- I’d like to be really good at…
- I’m fascinated when…
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am open to the positive energy around me. As I connect to my courage, strength, and wisdom, I am open to new ideas and change. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Start every morning with a joke
- Use that joke to anchor yourself during the day to stay connected to joy.
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP