Today is Monday, August 23, 2021. Listening to the warm air rustling through the leaves, aware of thoughts.
This August we will focus on building and strengthening connections to lower stress and contribute to longevity. For the last week of August, we focus on connecting to Nature. Being in nature can awaken happiness and peace. Being in nature can lower our cortisol level and reduce stress.
Today, let’s explore ways to meditate in nature.
- Stand in the grass barefoot, feel your connection to the earth.
- Hug a tree.
- Lay on your back in the grass, feel your heartbeat connected to the earth.
- Take a silent walk and open all your senses.
Photo by: Aaron Burden
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am open to the positive energy around me. I appreciate myself and others as I connect with love and kindness. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
A quote from Helen Keller “Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement; nothing can be done without hope.”
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Exhale out the past as you hum “om”.
- Inhale in the future and feel your body refresh.
- Repeat 3 times and smile.
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP