Today is Monday, August 2, 2021. Starting the week with positive thoughts and smiles to champion a great week!
This August we will focus on building and strengthening connections. Making connections can lower stress and contribute to longevity. This first week of August we will explore connecting to peace. Today, we will look at a peaceful work environment.
- Start your day by saying “Good morning” to your coworkers.
- De-clutter your desk.
- Put a plant on your desk.
- Use some aromatherapy around your desk.
- Go for a walk during lunch.
- Schedule breaks and take them.
- If needed, say no to extra commitments.
- Before a meeting, take some belly breaths and use your positive affirmations.
Photo by: Matthew Lee
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am open to the positive energy around me. I appreciate myself and others as I connect with love and kindness. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
A quote by John Lewis. “Be hopeful. Be optimistic. Never lose that sense of hope.”
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Repeat positive affirmations throughout your day, while smiling
- My mind is peaceful.
- I choose to act and react peacefully.
- I illuminate peace around me.
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP