Today is Wednesday, July 28, 2021. Enjoying the warmth and energy the sun provides.
July marks the start of the second half of the year and a time to remember you can add sparkle to your days. This week, we focus on opportunities to add sparkle to our self-care routine. Journal prompts can help sparkle when your sparkle starts to diminish.
- What are three short term goals you want to accomplish and what are three concrete steps you can take to reach these goals?
- How can I be kinder to myself and to others?
- What are three ways I can step out of my comfort zone that will help me grow?
Photo by: Dan Freeman
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am open to the positive energy around me. I appreciate myself and others as I connect with love and kindness. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
A quote by James Gates Percival “The world is full of poetry. The air is living with its spirit; and the waves dance to the music of its melodies, and sparkle in its brightness.”
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- While sitting outside choose an object to focus on: what colors do you see, what sounds do you hear, what do you smell. Smile with appreciation for all the splendors.
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP