Today is Monday, January 4, 2021. Gearing up for the first full week of the year. Wrapped in warmth on early morning walk. Peace and quiet inside and out.
An inspirational quote by Albert Einstein. “All I have a is a sense of duty toward all people and an attachment to those with whom I have become intimate.”
The Joy of January. This is a symbolic month to launch a new year to lay the foundation for a brighter future.
Consider your stated aspiration(s) for the year. Allow yourself to make choices this week that align with your aspiration(s). Write down your goal(s) for the week to move you in the direction you want to go. Find opportunities to be true to yourself and your aspiration(s).
Photo by Aaron Burden
Use this Mindfulness Activity to calm your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Breathe in Energy & Generate vibrations.
- Take a deep breath in, feeling your lungs expand.
- When you breath out, smile and hum loudly. Feel the vibrations in your neck.
- Repeat 2 times and notice those vibrations rippling outward. Smile to yourself.
Recharge yourself and spread love when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am doing what I can. I am aware of myself and others, and I belong to a global community. I love myself and others because I have kindness and love in my heart and soul. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness and compassion to all people. We are all connected. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP