Today is Monday, December 28, 2020. With the leaves off the trees in colder climates, marvel in the many different shapes we can see in the trees now.
Delights in December. Use the Daily Gift of Vitality, to allow a moment to pause and connect with what delights you. We share prompts and ideas along the way.
Find delight with a change of scenery. Go for a walk on a new path or a different neighborhood. Take a different route to work. Rearrange your furniture. Clean out a closet. Place a small plant or flowers on your desk.
An inspirational quote by Martin Luther King Jr. “We have before us the glorious opportunity to inject a new dimension of LOVE into the veins of our civilization”
Photo by: Lester Hine
Recharge yourself when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am doing what I can. I am aware of myself and others, and I belong to a global community. I love myself and others because I have kindness and love in my heart and soul. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness and compassion to all people. We are all connected. Together, we can do great things.”
Return to the Mindfulness Activity to practice this week to create Calm Moments:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Breathe in Energy & Blossom.
- Take a deep breath in, feeling your lungs expand.
- When you breath out, smile and say out loud, “Aaaaah.” Feel the vibrations in your body.
- Repeat 2 times and notice those vibrations are different when you are smiling.
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP