Today is Friday December 25, 2020. For many, today is a religious day, a holiday; it is also a day to celebrate peace and good will and reflect on the many gifts in our life.
Delights in December. This month use the Daily Gift of Vitality, to allow a moment to pause and connect with what delights you. We will provide prompts and ideas along the way.
Delight in the joy of others. Go for a walk in nature with family or friends. Connect virtually with family and friends and share your celebrations. Shovel the snow for a neighbor. Share some baked goods or special dish with someone else. Send a note of appreciation to someone who is working today.
An inspirational quote by Mother Theresa: “It’s not how much we give, but how much love we put into giving.”
Photo by David Deshaies
Recharge yourself when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am doing what I can. I am aware of myself and others, and I belong to a global community. I love myself and others because I have kindness and love in my heart and soul. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness and compassion to all people. We are all connected. Together, we can do great things.”
Return to the Mindfulness Activity to practice this week to create Calm Moments:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- To restore the body, experience Ocean Breathing as taught by Jeff Warren
- While belly breathing, imagine yourself floating on the surface of the ocean
- Your breath is like the tide, as you inhale the tide rises and it lifts your body up, as you exhale the body relaxes. Feel your body being carried by the tide.
- Smile and enjoy floating and gliding.
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP