Today is Wednesday, December 23, 2020. Taking a walk, noticing every little thing. Seasonal decorations vary at this time of year.
Delights in December. This month use the Daily Gift of Vitality, to allow a moment to pause and connect with what delights you. We will provide prompts and ideas along the way.
Spark delight by taking a pause. As the year winds down and we find ourselves busy, taking a pause during the day can help reset our nervous system so we can see the joy and beauty all around us. You can take a pause by taking a few belly breaths, reading a book, watching a puppy video, sharing a funny story. Stretching your body works wonders too.
An inspirational quote by Mark Twain: “The right word may be effective, but no word was ever as a rightly timed pause”
Photo by: Fransiskus Filbert Mangundap
Recharge yourself when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am doing what I can. I am aware of myself and others, and I belong to a global community. I love myself and others because I have kindness and love in my heart and soul. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness and compassion to all people. We are all connected. Together, we can do great things.”
Return to the Mindfulness Activity to practice this week to create Calm Moments:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- To restore the body, experience Ocean Breathing as taught by Jeff Warren
- While belly breathing, imagine yourself floating on the surface of the ocean
- Your breath is like the tide, as you inhale the tide rises and it lifts your body up, as you exhale the body relaxes. Feel your body being carried by the tide.
- Smile and enjoy floating and gliding.
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP