Today is Wednesday, December 2, 2020. The “Forest Man of India,” Jadav Payeng (1963-) has been planting trees for over 40 years since he was a teenager and he has created a forest of over 1,360 acres on once barren land. Tigers, elephants, rhinos, monkeys, deer, birds, and various other animals now call Molai forest “home.”
Delights in December. This month, use the Daily Gift of Vitality, to allow a moment to pause and connect with what delights you. We will provide prompts and ideas along the way.
Do something that makes you giggle. Here are some ideas to get started:
- Spend time with a young child.
- Play with a loving pet.
- Talk to your funny friend, family or coworker.
- Listen to a favorite comedian, funny podcast or audiobook.
- Check out the “Humor” sections of websites that have fun visual posts like Pinterest.
- Watch a movie or show that is listed in the “Comedy” genre.
- Watch a baby or child giggling uncontrollably; there are many clips online.
An inspirational quote by Heidi Wills, “We can choose to be affected by the world or we can choose to affect the world.”
Photo by: Trevor Pye
Recharge yourself when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am human. My mind, my body, and my spirit are connected, and I am a part of a global community. I love myself and others because I have kindness and love in my heart and soul. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness and compassion to all people. We are all human. We can create positive energy together.”
The Mindfulness Activity to practice this week to create Calm Moments:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Open hands and rotate palms out and shake out and shimmy your shoulders. Smile.
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP