Today is Monday, September 28, 2020. The British tend to use the word “autumn” and Americans tend to use the word “fall” to refer to the season between summer and winter.
An inspirational Quote from Oscar Wilde, “To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance.”
Photo by: Eric Muhr
During Self-Care September, we offer prompts to energize your self-care routine. We invite you to experiment with any or all the suggested activities to invigorate, your mind, body and spirit.
Self-Care Activity: Explore a new topic that interests you:
- Listen to a podcast
- Read a book
- Join a club
Recharge yourself when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am resilient and learning every day. I am part of the global community. I love myself because I have kindness and love in my heart and soul. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness out to all people. We are all connected. We can be resilient together.”
The Mindfulness Activity to practice this week to create Calm Moments:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Begin your self-talk.
- Say to yourself, “I can step back.” See yourself step back in your mind.
- “I can clear my head.” Visualize a clean sweep of your head.
- “My body can calm.” Release your neck shoulders.
- “I can release.” Take a belly breath and full breath out.
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP