Today, is Friday, April 17, 2020. The winds are changing and at moments it is still. It’s snowing in Chicago.
While there is uncertainty around us right now, there is also love and kindness around us, always.
During times of uncertainty, it helps to have some structured routines. We’d like to offer a daily anchoring message for those of you who may find it helpful for you, your coworkers, your loved ones, and/or your community.
Here’s what you can do today, right now, during transitions, after listening to the news or when going to sleep:
- Roll your shoulders back, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Name 3 Sensations to reset your focus, shared by Kevin Leavesley
- Name 3 things you can see.
- Name 3 things you can hear.
- Name 3 things you can feel.
Anchor yourself with this daily statement:
“I am [*Name*]. I am doing what I can to be helpful. I love myself because I have kindness and love in my heart and soul. I am part of the global community and we are all working together to get through this. This is temporary. We can do this. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness out to all people.”
Today’s Inspiration: A Quote from Helen Keller
“When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.”
Photo in New York, shared by Nicole Siparsky, M.D.
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP