Today, is Thursday, April 16, 2020. The leaves are cool and some flower petals have fallen, while new ones have blossomed.
While there is uncertainty around us right now, there is also love and kindness around us, always.
During times of uncertainty, it helps to have some structured routines. We’d like to offer a daily anchoring message for those of you who may find it helpful for you, your coworkers, your loved ones, and/or your community.
Here’s what you can do today, right now, during transitions, after listening to the news or when going to sleep:
- Roll your shoulders back, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Be present with the sounds around you.
- Close your eyes or gaze ahead and rest your eyes.
- Hear the sounds around you. Notice the rhythmic sounds, or the constant sounds and just listen.
- When you are ready, open your eyes and see your surroundings.
Anchor yourself with this daily statement:
“I am [*Name*]. I am doing what I can to be helpful. I love myself because I have kindness and love in my heart and soul. I am part of the global community and we are all working together to get through this. This is temporary. We can do this. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness out to all people.”
Today’s Inspiration: Photo & Quote From Dr. Gina Kring, after it snowed on her daffodils on April 15th
“Into every daffodil’s life a little snow must fall. Don’t let the cold get you down, the sun will come out again and we will spring back and be glorious again.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP