Today, is Wednesday, April 8, 2020. It is another beautiful spring day. The animals are enjoying the season.
While there is uncertainty and fear around us right now, there is also love and kindness around us, always.
During times of uncertainty, it helps to have some structured routines. We’d like to offer a daily anchoring message for those of you who may find it helpful for you, your coworkers, your loved ones, and/or your community.
Here’s what you can do today, right now, during transitions, after listening to the news or when going to sleep:
- Roll your shoulders back, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Mobilize your spine, especially useful after sitting or being hunched over a screen, a table or counter.
- Taking deep breaths in and out, reach your arms up as high as you can, to stretch your core.
- After that stretch, gently release your arms down and hold your own hands gently in front of you.
- With each breath, gently take both your hands, rotate your trunk slowly and comfortably and place your hands on your left hip and then your right hip, the best you can.
Anchor yourself with this daily statement:
“I am [*Name*]. I am doing what I can to be helpful. I love myself because I have kindness and love in my heart and soul. I am part of the global community and we are all working together to get through this. This is temporary. We can do this. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness out to all people.”
Today’s Inspiration: A Quote from –John Wesley, Family Physician
“Do all the good you can, By all the means you can, In all the ways you can, In all the places you can, At all the times you can, To all the people you can, As long as ever you can.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP
Photo by Dr. Gina Kring