Today, is Sunday, April 5, 2020. The sun rises earlier, and plants are loving it.
While there is uncertainty and fear around us right now, there is also love and kindness around us, always.
During times of uncertainty, it helps to have some structured routines. We’d like to offer a daily anchoring message for those of you who may find it helpful for you, your coworkers, your loved ones, and/or your community.
Here’s what you can do today, right now, during transitions, after listening to the news or when going to sleep:
- Roll your shoulders back, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Experience love.
- Think of a moment when you felt tremendous love or felt loved. It might be recent or in the past.
- Picture where you were, what you were doing and who was with you.
- Allow yourself to connect with that powerful feeling and recharge with each breath.
Anchor yourself with this daily statement:
“I am [*Name*]. I am doing what I can to be helpful. I love myself because I have kindness and love in my heart and soul. I am part of the global community and we are all working together to get through this. This is temporary. We can do this. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness out to all people.”
Today’s Inspiration: from Jason Fuller
“While at home, I’ve been scouring my yard for mosses and succulents that have slowly popped up since winter and created a terrarium.
I’ve shared an example (today’s photo) of one I put together. My kids have enjoyed seeing the growth each morning.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP