Today, is Saturday April 4, 2020. There are buds on the trees and some early blossoms. The birds seem to listen to the rain.
There is uncertainty and fear around us right now. There is also love and kindness around us, always.
During times of uncertainty, it helps to have some structured routines. We’d like to offer a daily anchoring message for those of you who may find it helpful for you, your coworkers, your loved ones, and/or your community/patients.
Here’s what you can do today, right now, during transitions, after listening to the news or when going to sleep:
- Roll your shoulders back, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Open & Close your chest very slowly and gently.
- Breathe in, stretch your arms back, arms bent, squeezing your shoulder blades together gently.
- Breathe out, release your arms and shoulders and allow your chin to dip down gently.
- Repeat slowly 2 more times.
- With relaxed arms, lace your fingers together in front of you and feel your own energy.
- Smile to yourself.
Anchor yourself with this daily statement:
“I am [*Name*]. I am doing what I can to be helpful. I love myself because I have kindness and love in my heart and soul. I am part of the global community and we are all working together to get through this. This is temporary. We can do this. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness out to all people.”
Today’s Inspiration: A Quote by Tony Putman
“I do the things in the world that I am called to be and do at this time in my life.”
Today’s photo shared by Dr. Jose Velasco of Rush University
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella & Fran Lee