Today is Wednesday, October 5, 2022. Noticing the Autumn aromas filling the air.
A quote by Bill Moyers. “Creativity is piercing the mundane to find the marvelous.”
Photo by: mantaphoto
October is the perfect time to engage your inner creative self. Document all the new scenes from a leisurely walk or ride. Consider trying a new way to capture those memories:
- Take photos
- Write a descriptive journal entry
- Write a poem about how you felt while walking
- Sketch or paint the scenery
Practice this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind whenever you need a moment to reset – while waiting, before, after, or to transition between activities.
Establishing a regular practice of pausing makes it easier to reset when you need it the most. You can start your practice at any time, even now.
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Keep it simple and let barriers go; breath in positive healing energy, breathe out and release that which holds you back.
Recharge yourself, tap into your strength and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I can do this. This is temporary. I have successfully handled difficult challenges in the past. As I connect to my inner self, I am open to the Happiness and positive energy around me. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP