Today is Wednesday, September 28, 2022. Noticing some leaves changing and falling.
A quote by Albert Einstein. “The work as we have created it is a process of our thinking. It cannot be changed without changing our thinking.”
Photo by: Robing Lambert
September marks change and the final third of the year. It’s a great time of year to think about change as the seasons change. Reconsider your daily routines. Are there any adjustments you can make?
- Can you modify your sleep routine to get more sleep or better-quality sleep?
- Can you change your morning routine to be more productive?
- Can you adapt your work routines to be pleasant for you?
- Can you start your day with a glass of water?
Establishing a regular practice of pausing makes it easier to reset when you need it the most. You can start your practice at any time, even now.
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- As you are taking breaths, make the exhale twice as long as the inhale; this type of breathing stimulates the calming part of your nervous system.
Recharge yourself, tap into your strength and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I can do this. This is temporary. I have successfully handled difficult challenges in the past. As I connect to my inner self, I am open to the Happiness and positive energy around me. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP