Today is Wednesday, September 7, 2022. Celebrating love and devotion.
A quote by Alexander Graham Bell, “When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.”
Photo by Andyborodaty
September, marks change and the final third of the year. It’s a great time of year to check in with yourself.
Growth and opportunity can often be found when you step out of your comfort zone. Small challenges every day can empower you and build momentum towards growth.
- Wear a different color or style of clothing
- Try a different kind of protein
- Try a different morning beverage
- Try a new exercise routine
- Take a new route to work or school
- Take the stairs
Practice this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind whenever you need a moment to reset – while waiting, before, after, or to transition between activities.
Establishing a regular practice of pausing makes it easier to reset when you need it the most. You can start your practice at any time, even now.
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Advance the healing power of deep breathing with Box Breathing (Sama Vritti Pranayama). This technique is used by the Navy Seals for focus.
- Breathe in through your nose for a count of 4. Try to feel the breath in your nose. Hold your breath for a count of 4. Exhale for a count of 4. Hold for a count of 4.
- You can change the duration of breathing, holding and exhaling to your comfort zone.
Recharge yourself, tap into your strength and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I can do this. This is temporary. I have successfully handled difficult challenges in the past. As I connect to my inner self, I am open to the Happiness and positive energy around me. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP