Today is Monday, September 26, 2022. Getting in the groove with a little jazz and fall plantings.
A quote by Herbie Hancock, “The spirit of jazz is the spirit of openness.”
Photo by Jez Timms
September marks change and the final third of the year. In the final week of the month, reflect, celebrate, and think about new beginnings. Consider what is important to you and find simple ways to organize your time and space to keep that front and center.
- A photo in a prominent space.
- A music playlist full of meaning.
- A walking or commuting routine that includes calling a loved one.
- An inspirational quote or image.
- A simple meal prep plan for healthy lunches for the week for all, including special notes for each person made at the beginning of the week.
Practice this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind whenever you need a moment to reset – while waiting, before, after, or to transition between activities.
Establishing a regular practice of pausing makes it easier to reset when you need it the most. You can start your practice at any time, even now.
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- As you are taking breaths, make the exhale twice as long as the inhale; this type of breathing stimulates the calming part of your nervous system.
Recharge yourself, tap into your strength and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I can do this. This is temporary. I have successfully handled difficult challenges in the past. As I connect to my inner self, I am open to the Happiness and positive energy around me. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP