Today is Wednesday May 11, 2022. Feeling the breeze cooling me from the warming sun.
A quote by: Atul Gawande “I said there are at least two kinds of satisfaction, however, and the other comes from human connection. It comes from making others happy, understanding them, loving them.”
Photo taken by: Erin Donalson
We continue this Magical May! This month, we explore things that can make us HAPPY, even for a brief moment. Being happy can enhance your life, boost the immune system, and help build connections with others. Spending time with family or friends, strengthens connections which has been shown to promote happiness.
- Have a regular family game night
- Eat dinner together
- Go for a family walk after dinner
- Reach out to a friend you have not talked to in a while
- Have a picnic
- Host a family reunion
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind whenever you need a moment to reset – while waiting, before, after, or to transition between activities:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Explore alternate nostril breathing, starting by exhaling completely.
- Alternating from one side to the other, close one nostril with your thumb to breathe in and then repeat with the other nostril to breathe out.
- Breathe in Left nostril, breathe out Right nostril. Breathe in Right nostril, breathe out Left nostril.
- Continue this sequence for several more cycles.
- Smile at completing this self-care activity.
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I can do this. As I connect to my inner self, I am open to the Happiness and positive energy around me. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP
One thought on “Wednesday, May 11”