Today is Wednesday, March 16, 2022. Tree buds looking optimistic, trusting.
An inspirational quote, “The imagination must find its own path.” by Saul Bellow
Photo from WT
March is about opening up and fresh starts. This month, is about dreaming, planning, and setting up. Using gardening as analogy for living life, consider:
- Some gardeners amend their soil with nutrients for optimal plant performance. How can you enhance your Health-promoting Lifestyle? Drink more water, add vegetables, allow restful sleep, meditate, add physical activity, keep a gratitude journal.
- What will prepare the soil for what you want to grow?
- What do you need to learn?
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind whenever you need a moment to reset – while waiting, before, after, or to transition between activities:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- With each breath, think about someone or something that you appreciate, that you feel gratitude for, and smile to yourself as you reflect and send out positive energy from that space inside.
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I can do this. As I connect to my vision, courage, strength, and wisdom, I am open to the Love and positive energy around me. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP