Today is Wednesday, October 20, 2021. Watching the leaves fall to provide the soil warmth and nourishment.
A quote from Maya Angelou. “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
Photo by Dan Deziel, “Fall Texture”
This October, the focus is on the integration of life experiences, staying equally connected to optimism, as to any other belief or attitude.
Optimism can be defined as cheerfulness or hopefulness about the future. Allowing time for optimism creates balance.
Spending time attending to physical needs can soothe the body.
- Enjoy a warm bowl of clear soup.
- Invigorate your body with a gentle rub of the skin on your body.
- Massage your muscles.
- Brush your hair slowly.
- Rock in a chair.
- Take a leisurely stroll- walking, or on wheels.
- Immerse your body in warm comfort in a bath, with a warm blanket, or snuggled with another.
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Look up to the sky.
- Let your mind relax into the awareness of the infinite open space.
- If you wish, release your worries into the vast openness of the universe.
*Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am open to the positive energy around me. As I connect to my courage, strength, and wisdom, I am open to new ideas and change. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP