Today is Friday, October 15, 2021. Using the middle of the month as a reminder to stop and see the beauty all around.
A quote from Aristotle, “In all things of nature, there is something of the marvelous.”
Photo by: Joey Huang
This October, the focus is on the integration of life experiences, staying equally connected to optimism, as to any other belief or attitude.
Optimism can be defined as cheerfulness or hopefulness about the future. Allowing time for optimism creates balance.
Identify one thing that you can do that can improve your understanding of the world around you. For example:
- In a moment of strong emotion, pause and reflect on what is causing that strong emotion within.
- When someone has a different answer or makes a different decision than you would, be curious. Deepen your wisdom by asking “why?”
- When you encounter a new experience, capture what you can learn from it.
- Be touched by other people’s experiences by reading, observing, listening, and sharing.
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Continuing the belly breathing, scan your body for tense areas that you can release on each exhalation.
- On each breath cycle, allow that area to release tension as you allow those areas to refresh.
*Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am open to the positive energy around me. As I connect to my courage, strength, and wisdom, I am open to new ideas and change. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP