Today is Friday, September 17, 2021. Holding hands. Present. Observing together.
A quote from Sally Ride, “Science is fun. Science is curiosity. We all have natural curiosity.”
Photos by: Susanna Chubinskaya, PhD
For many, September highlights the transitions of seasons and focus. When we approach transitions with curiosity, we have more options to find strength and joy. Curiosity provides a great way to connect with others.
Get to know something new about someone you see often. This may be:
- the name of the familiar person at the checkout counter,
- your colleague’s favorite vacation,
- a classmate’s favorite music or book,
- your friend’s “perfect” day,
- your family member’s proudest accomplishment.
You may even be curious about the “why” behind the answers.
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am open to the positive energy around me. As I connect to my courage, strength, and wisdom, I am open to new ideas and change. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Start every morning with a joke
- Use that joke to anchor yourself during the day to stay connected to joy.
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP