Today is Wednesday, September 8, 2021. Feeling grateful for energizing and rejuvenating conversations.
A quote from William Bridges. “It is when we are in transitions that we are most completely alive.”
Photo by: Tanja Zollner
For many, September highlights the transitions of seasons and focus.
Embracing transitions with curiosity opens the door to the possibility that we can find strength and joy from transitions.
Today, we will explore managing stress during transitions.
- Prioritize protecting the time for sleep.
- Maintain connection with loved ones.
- Tap into your sense of humor, find opportunities to laugh.
- Frame stressors as a challenge to learn and grow.
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am open to the positive energy around me. As I connect to my courage, strength, and wisdom, I am open to new ideas and change. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Allow a pause in your activities.
- Breathe in love and peace.
- Breathe out unease and tension.
- Repeat as much and as often as you need.
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP