Today is Monday, September 6, 2021. Appreciating late summer fragrant blooms.
A quote from Rachael Adams, “Your life unfolds in proportion to your courage.”
Photo by: Fran Lee
For many, September highlights the transitions of seasons and focus.
Embracing transitions with curiosity opens the door to the possibility that we can find strength and joy from transitions.
Today, we review the 4 steps to tap into and strengthen your courage during transitions. Each time you have courage to face fear, you build confidence and the ability to keep moving forward.
- Think back on a time when you were afraid of something, but you were able to find the courage to overcome it.
- Make a list of those proud times when you felt when you exhibited courage. Note what you did and the outcome.
- Celebrate your accomplishments.
- Repeat to yourself, “I can do this, I am brave, I am courageous.”
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am open to the positive energy around me. As I connect to my courage, strength, and wisdom, I am open to new ideas and change. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Allow a pause in your activities.
- Breathe in love and peace.
- Breathe out unease and tension.
- Repeat as much and as often as you need.
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP