Today is Friday, April 2, 2021. Mornings get more beautiful with appreciation for the present and hope for the future.
Ascending through April. We keep leveling up. Transitions can move us forward. There are constant reminders in nature with seasonal transitions.
- Knowing things change, consider who or what you want to recognize and appreciate right now.
- What’s wonderful? Beautiful? A blessing?
- Allow that feeling of appreciation, gratitude, love, joy, awe – all of it- flow freely.
- You may choose to share that positive energy with someone else and expand it.
Photo by: Maarten Deckers
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am open to the positive energy around me. I appreciate myself and others as I connect with love and kindness. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. We share our humaneness. Together, we can do great things.”
A quote by Bernice Johnson Reagon, “Life’s challenges are not supposed to paralyze you, they’re supposed to help you discover who you are.”
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Now, shrug your shoulders up and down multiple times and let your arms dangle.
- Shake out or jiggle your legs.
- Reach your arms overhead and stretch up and out.
- Gently bring your chin down and to each side, smile the largest smile ever, and allow yourself to be re-energized.
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP