Today is Monday, September 14, 2020. Sapphire, the September birthstone, was once believed to bring protection and good fortune.
Inspiration: A Quote from C.J. Hayden
“You will never be completely ready. Start from where you are”
Photo by: Louis Tripp
It is Self-Care September! This month, we offer prompts to energize your self-care routine. We invite you to experiment with any or all the suggested activities to invigorate, your mind, body and spirit.
Self-Care Activity: Explore ways to refresh your environment to awaken your senses.
- Organize your workspace.
- Add a small plant to your workspace or other living area in your home/office.
- Clean out a closet or cabinet, consider donating clothes you no longer need.
- Add some Aromatherapy.
Recharge yourself when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am resilient and learning every day. I am part of the global community. I love myself because I have kindness and love in my heart and soul. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness out to all people. We are all connected. We can be resilient together.”
The Mindfulness Activity to practice this week to create Calm Moments:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Practice Physical grounding
- When you are sitting in your chair, take a few seconds to feel your feet on the ground, feel your bottom on the seat, and feel your back against the chair.
- As your feet are grounded, with each deep belly breathe out, allow your shoulders to release and loosen.
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP