Today is Wednesday, August 12, 2020. Looking around and noticing all the beauty visible on earth. Feeling a sense of connection to the greater goodness of the world.
The Daily Gifts of Vitality are being released 3 times per week, on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, to allow additional days to consider the prompts before advancing.
Inspiration: A Quote from Germany Kent
“Live your life in such a way that you’ll be remembered for your kindness, compassion, fairness, character, benevolence, and a force for good who had much respect for life, in general.”
Photo by Mary Deziel, “Skyworks.”
We invite you to experience the Joy of Reflective Journaling. Repeat this prompt until the next one is released.
Reflective Journaling Prompt: Think about times when you have been energized or inspired. What caused that? How can you increase that?
Recharge yourself when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am resilient and learning every day. I am a part of the global community. I love myself because I have kindness and love in my heart and soul. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness out to all people.”
The Mindfulness Activity to practice this week to create Calm Moments:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Close your eyes and feel.
- With eyes closed, notice what your body is feeling.
- Taking deep belly breaths, scan your body and notice the sensations in different areas.
- Imagine a warm glow calming the areas that need to be calmed.
- Stay there for a moment and just allow the calmness. Smile.
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP