Today is Monday, August 10, 2020. Feeling refreshed after an early walk and watching the sky change from dark to light and all the colors in between.
The Daily Gifts of Vitality are being released 3 times per week, on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, to allow additional days to consider the prompts before advancing.
Inspiration: A Quote from Carol Moseley Braun
“Magic lies in challenging what seems impossible.”
Photo by Jake Fagan
We invite you to experience the Joy of Reflective Journaling. Repeat this prompt daily until the next one is released.
Reflective Journaling Prompt: Before bedtime, pause and focus your attention on how your body is feeling and consider writing it down. After that acknowledgement, get into a comfortable position and practice deep belly breathing, paying attention to your stomach rising and falling. Count your breaths. Give yourself a few quiet moments. Observe how this changes or is the same from day to day.
Recharge yourself when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am resilient and learning every day. I am a part of the global community. I love myself because I have kindness and love in my heart and soul. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness out to all people.”
The Mindfulness Activity to practice this week to create Calm Moments:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Close your eyes and feel.
- With eyes closed, notice what your body is feeling.
- Taking deep belly breaths, scan your body and notice the sensations in different areas.
- Imagine a warm glow calming the areas that need to be calmed.
- Stay there for a moment and just allow the calmness. Smile.
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP