Today is Sunday, August 2, 2020. Early morning walks with the cool breeze and brightening sky, sets the day on the right path.
After Friday, August 7th, the Daily Gifts of Vitality will only be released 3 times per week, on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, to allow additional days to consider the prompts before advancing.
Inspiration: A Quote from Eric Micha’el Leventhal
“Each person you meet is an aspect of yourself, clamoring for love.”
We invite you to experience the Joy of Reflective Journaling. This week includes deliberate practices to nurture our connections to the world around us. Consider writing down your reflections.
Reflective Journaling Prompt: Think of someone who has inspired you. Write it down and list all the ways that person inspired you.
Recharge yourself when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am resilient and learning every day. I am a part of the global community. I love myself because I have kindness and love in my heart and soul. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness out to all people.”
The Mindfulness Activity to practice this week to create Calm Moments:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Choose a centering word that is neutral to you and simple. You might choose “now” or “one” or “peace.”
- As you exhale, say your chosen word. Focus on the vibration of the word as you hear it. Repeat.
- As you exhale and say your word, imagine dropping a smooth pebble in clear water and watch it gently settle gently on the bottom, relaxed and comfortable.
- Finally, as you continue your deep belly breaths, notice the ripples on the water are gently gliding out. Repeat your word on every exhale until the ripples have settled.
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP