Today is Saturday, May 30, 2020. To protect themselves from sunburn, elephants throw mud and sand up all over themselves.
As we move forward together, moments of peaceful reflection can allow us to recognize and share in the love and kindness around us. We share these daily anchoring messages to offer a simple routine that can be helpful to center us in uncertain moments.
Today’s Inspiration: A Quote from Andy Rooney
“Everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you’re climbing it.”
Here’s what you can do today, right now, during transitions, after absorbing the news or when going to sleep:
- Roll your shoulders back, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Witness your thoughts and emotions.
- Take several deep cleansing belly breaths.
- Close your eyes and watch your thoughts pass by like a parade.
Anchor yourself with this daily statement:
“I am [*Name*]. I am doing what I can to be helpful. I love myself because I have kindness and love in my heart and soul. I am part of the global community and we are all working together to get through this. This is temporary. We are doing this. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness out to all people.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP