Today is Friday, May 29, 2020. Pink flamingos are cheerful, enjoying the lush greenery! Is this a flamingo party? Share the joy.
As we move forward together, moments of reflection can allow us to recognize and share in the love and kindness around us. We share these daily anchoring messages to offer a simple routine that can be helpful to center us in uncertain moments.
Today’s Inspiration: A Quote from Nina Dobrev
“Even though you’re growing up, you should never stop having fun.”
Here’s what you can do today, right now, during transitions, after absorbing the news or when going to sleep:
- Roll your shoulders back, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Loosen up to be ready for dance moves.
- With or without music, put your hands on your hips or and swing your hips side to side. Feel the stretch on each side.
- Circle your hips to the right 3 times. Then circle your hips to the left 3 times.
- Tilt your hip forward and back and feel the stretch.
- It’s ok to giggle and it’s ok if someone sees you. Then you can giggle together.
Anchor yourself with this daily statement:
“I am [*Name*]. I am doing what I can to be helpful. I love myself because I have kindness and love in my heart and soul. I am part of the global community and we are all working together to get through this. This is temporary. We are doing this. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness out to all people.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP