Today is Monday, May 25, 2020. We offer our appreciation to those who served and are currently in service.
As we move forward together, moments of reflection can allow us to recognize and share in the love and kindness around us. We share these daily anchoring messages to offer a simple routine that can be helpful to center us in uncertain moments.
Today’s Inspiration: A Quote from Eleanor Roosevelt
“Learn from the mistakes of others. You can’t live long enough to make them all yourself.”
Here’s what you can do today, right now, during transitions, after absorbing the news or when going to sleep:
- Roll your shoulders back, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Experience your presence in the world.
- Take some slow deep belly breaths.
- Trace your hand or arm with your finger.
- Smile at the gift of you in the world.
Anchor yourself with this daily statement:
“I am [*Name*]. I am doing what I can to be helpful. I love myself because I have kindness and love in my heart and soul. I am part of the global community and we are all working together to get through this. This is temporary. We can do this. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness out to all people.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP