Today is Monday, May 11, 2020. The animals respond to the changing weather. The birds are accepting and cheerful.
While we are settled in uncertainty, we can recognize the love and kindness around us, always.
During these times of uncertainty, structured routines help anchor us so that we are better able to learn and adapt to the world around us. As we progress, we are adapting our daily anchoring message for you, your coworkers, your loved ones, and your community.
Today’s Inspiration: A Quote from Dalai Lama XIV
“Happiness is not something ready-made. It comes from your own actions.”
Here’s what you can do today, right now, during transitions, after listening to the news or when going to sleep:
- Roll your shoulders back, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Let your head care for your neck.
- Gently lower your chin towards your chest & rest for a count of 5. Gently raise your chin back to neutral.
- Slowly and gently rotate your head to the right & the left, 5 times. Come back to neutral.
- Gently tilt your head bringing your right ear towards your right shoulder & rest for a count of 5. Gently repeat on the other side for a count of 5. Return to neutral & smile.
Anchor yourself with this daily statement:
“I am [*Name*]. I am doing what I can to be helpful. I love myself because I have kindness and love in my heart and soul. I am part of the global community and we are all working together to get through this. This is temporary. We are moving forward together. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness out to all people.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP